As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
We’ve tried to keep it as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms like cookies, IP addresses, pixel tags and browsers, then read about these Key Terms first. Your privacy matters to BLACK IT UP LLC so whether you are new to BLACK IT UP LLC or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, when you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. We do the same when you sign up for our Services. In addition, BLACK IT UP LLC collects personal information about you that you share with us or that you provide while shopping or during checkout. BLACK IT UP LLC uses this information to provide you with BLACK IT UP LLC Services and so that BLACK IT UP LLC can process orders and better serve you. Also, in the case where you provide your express permission, we will use your personal information.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. This information includes, among other things, cookies and similar technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a BLACK IT UP LLC service, and this may include using cookies and similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect BLACK IT UP LLC and our users. With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
When you contact BLACK IT UP LLC, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
BLACK IT UP LLC processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including BLACK IT UP LLC. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of BLACK IT UP LLC unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of BLACK IT UP LLC when we have your consent to do so.
- When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
- For external processing
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of BLACK IT UP LLC if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of BLACK IT UP LLC, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect BLACK IT UP LLC and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using socket layer technology (“SSL”). If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure SSL and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (“PCI-DSS”) requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to BLACK IT UP LLC employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Our store is hosted by Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
In regards to payment:
- If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then BLACK IT UP LLC stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the PCI-DSS. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
- All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION WITH REGULATORY AUTHORITIES
OTHER USEFUL PRIVACY AND SECURITY RELATED MATERIALS
Further useful privacy and security related materials is as follows:
- For tips on staying safe and secure online, visit Google’s safety center.